Monday, June 9, 2008

It's been a while

Things got really hectic on the work front and as that was the only access I had to a computer there was no time to blog. I am no longer on the work front and am currently searching for new work, this does allow time for a quick catch up blog.

We barrelled ahead as is our way from the last I wrote. The furnace is in the attic, the deck is built and has railings, it even has decorative stained glass caps on the posts that bring you onto the front porch and again on the back deck. The washer and dryer are hooked up. The master bathroom is rocked, taped, and painted. W2 and my dad worked on plumbing the bathroom this past weekend. The master bedroom is rocked, taped and primed. The windows have casing's and window sills. The hallway is rocked, taped and primed. The foyer is painted. The ceilings in all aforementioned spaces are painted.

We raced the bank in an attempt to get as much accomplished prior to the June 1st deadline. We didn't get it done, but we accomplished a ton of stuff. The appraiser was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. last Tuesday. So that was our deadline. W2's mom and sister came out Monday night to help clean the house and make it look like a home. It looked amazing. We having a functional dining room, that has pictures and plants on the surfaces versus the clutter and paraphenalia left over from the move. We even have a dining room table in the middle of the room. I realize this sounds like crazy talk for anyone who has been with us along this journey, but I kid you not.

The Appraiser was not the warmest and friendliest type of guy and when he left it was rather anti climactic. Here we had been busting out humps for 8 months and more short termed, the past month to be ready for this meeting and when he left, we knew no more than when he had arrived. So we waited.

On Saturday we recieved the letter from Wells Fargo telling us we were out of time, we had not met their requirements and they would be moving forward with legal action, ie foreclosure. We spent a very anxious weekend knowing no answers could be had until today at the earliest. My dad was up to help work and smooth out frazzled nerves. He was a champ, as usual.

W2 called the new bank today and learned we were approved for the re finance!!!!! We appraised a little lower than we had hoped but they are putting it in the documentation that the house is unfinished which will allow us to refinance when we finish. W2 will close on that tomorrow and the evil Wells Fargo will be paid off in full within the next 10 days. We are free of the rehab loan from hell!!!

I don't know how W2 is feeling, seeing as he is at work, but I want to celebrate!!! OK, my unemployment doesn't lend itself well to big pricey dinners, but I do have a bottle of our favorite red at the house that I put in the cellar to chill. That will have to suffice. It is appropriate seeing as we consumed a bottle on the day we closed.

Aaaaah!! Relief. Now we can back to work on the house.

No comments: